Happy Friday !! This week has been a pretty chill week because my last day of work was Monday and I have been able to relax and sleep in everyday this week. Literally today I… More
23 more days ! That’s how many more days of Summer I have left, until my first semester of Sophomore year. It’ bittersweet because I love Summer so much it’s my favorite season ever ! However, I’m excited to go back and have an amazing semester. This semester my goal is to get 3.5 GPA, and by me boldly putting this on my blog, I am making sure this happens. It will take a lot of hours of studying and time management but it can be done.
Since I am no longer a freshmen I feel like I have some tips under my belt to have a successful semester. I hope these help you and everyone have a great fall semester.
- Get your textbooks !
See how I said “get” not BUY because as we all know textbooks are expensive. Don’t do it to yourself and spend $800 dollars on books. Rent, borrow or even photocopy textbooks you need. A lot of professors don’t use textbooks cover to cover, so please to save money and try to go with the cheapest alternative to getting your textbooks. Even if that means photocopying each chapter of the book at the library. If you get unlimited prints why not do it.
2. Start studying material for your classes !
I know this is not fun at all, but in reality you will be so happy you did it when you get a A on that first test. Take some time a few weeks before school starts and put aside 2-3 hours per day to review material. You will not only be doing something productive each day but you also will be ahead of the class on the first day.
3. Dorm Decor ! DIY & Buy !
I was recently looking online for some new pieces for my dorm room as well as took a nice trip to Target to see what they had. I definitely have some cute pieces that I will be getting but I also saw some pieces that I was just like “Ummm I could make that.” I think it’s important to not waste money when it comes to dorm shopping because stores will try to sell you items for 45 dollars that you can totally DIY.
4. Write important dates in your planner !
Most schools have an academic calendar on their site. Make sure to go on your schools to check for important dates like when campus is closed, any breaks you may have and finals week. It’s a lot easier to just have these dates in your planner in the beginning so you don’t have to look for them later on in the semester.
5. Wake up earlier !
Another tip you will probably skip over but it will save you from being late on your first day of classes. A few weeks before school start waking up a little bit earlier each day so when you actually have to wake up on the first day you aren’t hitting snooze 1000 times.
6. Find your mantra & stick with it !
My mantra is actually inspired by my favorite blogger Carly from The College Prepster. Her mantra for this year is “All in”, so I decided to make my mantra for this semester “All In” as well , meaning everything I do is gonna be with 110 % effort and I will take any good opportunity that comes my way.
Have a great semester and achieve all that you can !
July came and went and now it’s August. Which means it’s time to buckle down and get ready for the new semester. While I’ll still be enjoying my last 4 weeks of Summer I have a lot to do to prepare for school. I’m honestly so excited to go back up and have great semester. I decided I want to change it up a bit for my monthly goals post, and share my monthly bucket list as well.
- Go to a Paint & Sip
- Go Kayaking
- Travel to Boston & Fire Island
- Have a picnic in Central Park
- Take a cooking class at Sur la Table
- Go to a concert
- Start reviewing for classes I’ll be taking this semester. I will be taking a few familiar classes this semester, so in order to start it off great I need to start intensely reviewing starting August 1st.
- Make an August Content Calendar. I want to be able to produce thoughtful, amazing content for all my social media platforms and in order to do that I need to get everything organized. I want to have a content calendar so I am able to have things planned ahead of time.
- Stay consistent with my Half Marathon Training. I am running a Half in a little over two months. My training hasn’t been the most consistent and I need to start making it a top priority so I am physically and mentally ready for this race.
- Go tech-less for 24 hours. I can’t explain how important it is to unplug. I feel that during certain situations like dinners, important conversations and vacations it’s important to put your phone down. I am guilty I’ve being on my phone in inappropriate settings and I’m not proud of it. I think we all just need to be aware and try to live in the moment.
- Attempt the 24 hour read-a-thon challenge. I’ve only finished one book so far this summer and my goal was 10. I am currently reading two books now so let’s see if this 24 hour read-a-thon will help bring me closer to my goal of 10 books.
- Write in my Devotional Journal Everyday. It’s important for me to spend time with the Lord in the morning. So I want to make sure I am making it a habit to do my devotional before everything else.
Remember to be gritty and go after those goals. Try to have productive days but remember it’s okay if you have a lazy day too.
Today is a beautiful day in NYC today. It’s sunny,warm and just how I like my summer days. Recently NYC has been getting weird random thunderstorms in the middle of the day. However today I thought it would be fun to do a Currently in post so you all can see what I’ve been up to lately.
Reading… I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
Trying… to have as many productive days as possible so I don’t feel bad when all I want to do is lay in bed and watch Netflix.
Eating… nothing at the moment but I will probably make breakfast soon.
Drinking… Water and Matcha, I have become obsessed with Matcha as of the end of June.
Texting… the Beach Babes groupchat ( I bet you can now tell my love for the beach is real)
Going… no where as of the moment
Loving… my Q&A a day 5 – year journal, it’s so much fun to answer a question everyday.
Hating… how fast summer is flying by, I feel once July 4th passes summer is dwindling down.
Feeling… tired most of the time, my job and internship take up a lot of my time with little sprinkles of fun in between
Hoping (for)… A great next semester.
Celebrating… My cousins birthday is tomorrow !!
Thanking… God for continuing to bless me in so many ways this summer.
Starting… My blog post for the week, are there any posts you want to see from me ?
Finishing… up this post and then on to the next one. haha !!
Beach weekend here I come !! I am so excited to spend this weekend on the beach with some friends. We are gonna have so much just great vibes all around. My first full week of July has been great so let’s check out what I’ve been up to.
4th of July // The fourth is by far one of my favorite parts of Summer. I mean who can pass up beautiful fireworks, an excuse to spend the whole weekend at the beach and bbq food.
St.Ives Popup Shop // While I was in Soho earlier this week I stopped into the St.Ives Pop up shop. I’ve been seeing a lot of people post about it on social media so I wanted to check it out if I had a chance. It’s such a cute shop, very aesthetically pleasing and lots of Instagram worthy shots. The pop up shop is actually a mixing bar where you can get your own custom scrub or lotion made in front of you. I personally have sensitive/acne prone skin so I didn’t get one.
Of course, The Beach // Since I worked last weekend and on the 4th I knew the only day I would be able to go to the beach that weekend was Sunday the 2nd. So of course I did and pulled out my patriotic bikini from Sperry Topsider. The sun was very strong and I got an amazing tan !!
Consistent Blogging // I am back on my blogging game and I am so happy about it. Here are some of the post I put up this week.
So that’s a wrap, did any of you do anything fun this week ?
Happy Friday Eve everyone !! This week flew by and I am so glad it’s almost the weekend. I will be spending another weekend at the beach so I am excited because the beach is my happy place. I can’t believe I am going into my sophomore year of college I seriously can’t wait, I have so much going for me this year. I’ve been thinking about how I want to decorate my dorm room. I was on Pinterest a few weeks back and I saw a beach themed dorm room and I fell in love. Which made me want that to be my theme for my room this year as well as adding cozy & comfort details mixed in as well.
So these are just a few of the images that I will be basing my dorm room off this year. What do you all want your room to look like ?
Happy HumpDay Everyone !! I love music and I thought I would share with you all what I’ve been listening to recently. Once you all read this playlist you are going to see that I have a diverse music selection, from country, pop, hip-hop etc. The playlist I will be sharing with you all today is my July playlist that I will be adding to throughout this entire month.
This playlist is perfect for any occasion a girls night in, beach day, lake day, those top down days. I hope you all give it a listen.
I hope you all enjoy this amazing month and make awesome summer memories !!
Hello July ! This is gonna be a good month, a lot of memories are going to be made this month and I can’t wait ! I haven’t written a goals post since last August almost a year ago. I miss these because they keep me accountable for striving towards my goals everyday.
- Keep a consistent workout schedule. Last month I started training for a half marathon and I couldn’t be more proud of myself. This is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time and I am so happy to say that I will be running one in October. That being said some days I can feel lazy and not want to go for my run, but I need to just push myself to do it because it will all pay off in the end.
- Post 3 videos a week on my YouTube Channel. My channel has grown a lot this year and being that it is summer, this is the perfect opportunity to work hard on my videos and start putting out more content.
- Don’t spend my money on silly things. Last month I was doing great at saving my money and not spending it on silly things and I just want to continue that into this month.
- Go to a coffee shop once a week to do my work. I have a virtual internship and I am also taking an online class this summer and I tend to be in my house most of the morning and early afternoon on my computer. I wanna make an effort to go to a coffee shop once a week so that I can get out of my house early.
So that wraps up my July Goals, I hope you all enjoyed reading it. Make sure to check back next month to see what I accomplished from this list.