July came and went and now it’s August. Which means it’s time to buckle down and get ready for the new semester. While I’ll still be enjoying my last 4 weeks of Summer I have a lot to do to prepare for school. I’m honestly so excited to go back up and have great semester. I decided I want to change it up a bit for my monthly goals post, and share my monthly bucket list as well.
- Go to a Paint & Sip
- Go Kayaking
- Travel to Boston & Fire Island
- Have a picnic in Central Park
- Take a cooking class at Sur la Table
- Go to a concert
- Start reviewing for classes I’ll be taking this semester. I will be taking a few familiar classes this semester, so in order to start it off great I need to start intensely reviewing starting August 1st.
- Make an August Content Calendar. I want to be able to produce thoughtful, amazing content for all my social media platforms and in order to do that I need to get everything organized. I want to have a content calendar so I am able to have things planned ahead of time.
- Stay consistent with my Half Marathon Training. I am running a Half in a little over two months. My training hasn’t been the most consistent and I need to start making it a top priority so I am physically and mentally ready for this race.
- Go tech-less for 24 hours. I can’t explain how important it is to unplug. I feel that during certain situations like dinners, important conversations and vacations it’s important to put your phone down. I am guilty I’ve being on my phone in inappropriate settings and I’m not proud of it. I think we all just need to be aware and try to live in the moment.
- Attempt the 24 hour read-a-thon challenge. I’ve only finished one book so far this summer and my goal was 10. I am currently reading two books now so let’s see if this 24 hour read-a-thon will help bring me closer to my goal of 10 books.
- Write in my Devotional Journal Everyday. It’s important for me to spend time with the Lord in the morning. So I want to make sure I am making it a habit to do my devotional before everything else.
Remember to be gritty and go after those goals. Try to have productive days but remember it’s okay if you have a lazy day too.