Happy Friday !! This week has been a pretty chill week because my last day of work was Monday and I have been able to relax and sleep in everyday this week. Literally today I slept until 11a.m. and I really wasn’t going to, but I thought, “Hey in a week you are going to have to to wake up at 7 almost everyday”, so I decided to take advantage of my own bed at home.
Here’s what I’ve been loving/doing this week :
Podcast & Sermons | I recently got into podcast, being that I spend most mornings/afternoons on my computer doing internship work,writing blog posts, editing photos,editing videos etc. I’ve been getting sick of my music playlist and I wanted to hear something different. I decided to browse through some podcast on my phone and I have really been enjoying the She Explores Podcast it’s described as “A podcast for and about women who are inspired by time spent outside” Inquisitive women in the outdoors,on the road, and besides.”
Recently I have been listening to The Porch sermons online which is a Young Adults Ministry based out of Texas. I love their series called Bad Advice it has taught me so much in such a small amount of time and I’m sad it’s coming to an end but I know the new series is gonna be amazing. Since I like to listen to a sermon everyday I also listen to Joel Olsteen, I love that he puts up a new podcast everyday and I love the way he preaches. I’ve grown up with him in my household because my mom watches his sermons every Sunday and has been doing this since I was little.
Dinner with Coworkers | Wednesday night I went out too dinner with a few coworkers and I had such a fun night. I remember saying to myself when I started my Summer Job, I am here to make money not friends. Yes I know that sounds so mean and looking back it was, these people made working in retail not so bad. I’m gonna miss them when I’m away at school but I know I will seem them when I come back for the Winter.
Essential Oils | I’ve been a lover of essential oils for a while, but recently I’ve been doing a lot of research on them and definitely have a few I want to splurge on. I try to burn one every night it really relaxes me and helps me sleep.
So that’s it for my week what have you all been up to ?
Happy Monday Everyone !! I haven’t done a proper life update in a while so I thought it would be fun to just sit down today and type everything that’s going on in my life right now while listening to my favorite playlist on Spotify right now called “Chillin on a dirt road”.
Reading… It’s not what you think by Jefferson Bethke
Trying… to stay consistent with my content calendar it was going great the first week and then went downhill.
Eating… an hour ago I had my mom’s AMAZING pot pie !!
Drinking… water and Pure Leaf Raspberry
Texting… my Internship Coordinator.
Going… to work in a few hours. Today is my Last Day !!
Loving… to sleep in recently.
Hating… how fast summer is flying by, but I am so excited for fall.
Hoping (for)… A great next semester.
Celebrating… Melissa’s engagement ! My friend Melissa got engaged last week and I am so happy for her.
Thanking… God for continuing to bless me in so many ways this summer.
Starting… to pack to go back to school !
Finishing… up my book. Any book recommendations ??
I leave to go back to College next Saturday. I am so excited to start this semester and while I will be sharing with you all my goals for this Semester at a later date. I thought I would share with you all my biggest goal for this Semester and it is getting on the Dean’s List. I know I can do it and with hard work,dedication, grit and focus I will be able to achieve this. I also will be the President of Club Caribbean at my School so I am so excited,to plan fun and awesome events for the students on campus. I am also going to be joining the Club Lacrosse Team, because I’ve been missing playing a sport in college and since it’s Club it is not as much of a time commitment as Varsity.
This summer has been a hard one, lots of people constantly tell me how much I have my life together and know what I want etc. Which sometimes irritates me because my life is not perfect this summer has been one of the hardest yet. On top of my busy schedule, I’ve been dealing with a lot of personal issues. That I will most likely address in the future, but I am not ready to do so right now. However what I did want to talk about was how much my Faith has grown this Summer. I feel like I have grown closer to God this Summer then ever before. He has helped me through many obstacles this summer and I normally don’t talk about religion on my blog. However this is a huge part of my life so it’s nothing to be ashamed about or taboo to talk about.
That’s it for now, I hope you all liked reading this post to learn a little bit more about me.
July came and went and now it’s August. Which means it’s time to buckle down and get ready for the new semester. While I’ll still be enjoying my last 4 weeks of Summer I have a lot to do to prepare for school. I’m honestly so excited to go back up and have great semester. I decided I want to change it up a bit for my monthly goals post, and share my monthly bucket list as well.
- Go to a Paint & Sip
- Go Kayaking
- Travel to Boston & Fire Island
- Have a picnic in Central Park
- Take a cooking class at Sur la Table
- Go to a concert
- Start reviewing for classes I’ll be taking this semester. I will be taking a few familiar classes this semester, so in order to start it off great I need to start intensely reviewing starting August 1st.
- Make an August Content Calendar. I want to be able to produce thoughtful, amazing content for all my social media platforms and in order to do that I need to get everything organized. I want to have a content calendar so I am able to have things planned ahead of time.
- Stay consistent with my Half Marathon Training. I am running a Half in a little over two months. My training hasn’t been the most consistent and I need to start making it a top priority so I am physically and mentally ready for this race.
- Go tech-less for 24 hours. I can’t explain how important it is to unplug. I feel that during certain situations like dinners, important conversations and vacations it’s important to put your phone down. I am guilty I’ve being on my phone in inappropriate settings and I’m not proud of it. I think we all just need to be aware and try to live in the moment.
- Attempt the 24 hour read-a-thon challenge. I’ve only finished one book so far this summer and my goal was 10. I am currently reading two books now so let’s see if this 24 hour read-a-thon will help bring me closer to my goal of 10 books.
- Write in my Devotional Journal Everyday. It’s important for me to spend time with the Lord in the morning. So I want to make sure I am making it a habit to do my devotional before everything else.
Remember to be gritty and go after those goals. Try to have productive days but remember it’s okay if you have a lazy day too.
Today is a beautiful day in NYC today. It’s sunny,warm and just how I like my summer days. Recently NYC has been getting weird random thunderstorms in the middle of the day. However today I thought it would be fun to do a Currently in post so you all can see what I’ve been up to lately.
Reading… I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
Trying… to have as many productive days as possible so I don’t feel bad when all I want to do is lay in bed and watch Netflix.
Eating… nothing at the moment but I will probably make breakfast soon.
Drinking… Water and Matcha, I have become obsessed with Matcha as of the end of June.
Texting… the Beach Babes groupchat ( I bet you can now tell my love for the beach is real)
Going… no where as of the moment
Loving… my Q&A a day 5 – year journal, it’s so much fun to answer a question everyday.
Hating… how fast summer is flying by, I feel once July 4th passes summer is dwindling down.
Feeling… tired most of the time, my job and internship take up a lot of my time with little sprinkles of fun in between
Hoping (for)… A great next semester.
Celebrating… My cousins birthday is tomorrow !!
Thanking… God for continuing to bless me in so many ways this summer.
Starting… My blog post for the week, are there any posts you want to see from me ?
Finishing… up this post and then on to the next one. haha !!
Beach weekend here I come !! I am so excited to spend this weekend on the beach with some friends. We are gonna have so much just great vibes all around. My first full week of July has been great so let’s check out what I’ve been up to.
4th of July // The fourth is by far one of my favorite parts of Summer. I mean who can pass up beautiful fireworks, an excuse to spend the whole weekend at the beach and bbq food.
St.Ives Popup Shop // While I was in Soho earlier this week I stopped into the St.Ives Pop up shop. I’ve been seeing a lot of people post about it on social media so I wanted to check it out if I had a chance. It’s such a cute shop, very aesthetically pleasing and lots of Instagram worthy shots. The pop up shop is actually a mixing bar where you can get your own custom scrub or lotion made in front of you. I personally have sensitive/acne prone skin so I didn’t get one.
Of course, The Beach // Since I worked last weekend and on the 4th I knew the only day I would be able to go to the beach that weekend was Sunday the 2nd. So of course I did and pulled out my patriotic bikini from Sperry Topsider. The sun was very strong and I got an amazing tan !!
Consistent Blogging // I am back on my blogging game and I am so happy about it. Here are some of the post I put up this week.
Dorm Room Inspo, Current Playlist, July Goals
So that’s a wrap, did any of you do anything fun this week ?
Happy HumpDay Everyone !! I love music and I thought I would share with you all what I’ve been listening to recently. Once you all read this playlist you are going to see that I have a diverse music selection, from country, pop, hip-hop etc. The playlist I will be sharing with you all today is my July playlist that I will be adding to throughout this entire month.
This playlist is perfect for any occasion a girls night in, beach day, lake day, those top down days. I hope you all give it a listen.
I hope you all enjoy this amazing month and make awesome summer memories !!
Hello July ! This is gonna be a good month, a lot of memories are going to be made this month and I can’t wait ! I haven’t written a goals post since last August almost a year ago. I miss these because they keep me accountable for striving towards my goals everyday.
- Keep a consistent workout schedule. Last month I started training for a half marathon and I couldn’t be more proud of myself. This is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time and I am so happy to say that I will be running one in October. That being said some days I can feel lazy and not want to go for my run, but I need to just push myself to do it because it will all pay off in the end.
- Post 3 videos a week on my YouTube Channel. My channel has grown a lot this year and being that it is summer, this is the perfect opportunity to work hard on my videos and start putting out more content.
- Don’t spend my money on silly things. Last month I was doing great at saving my money and not spending it on silly things and I just want to continue that into this month.
- Go to a coffee shop once a week to do my work. I have a virtual internship and I am also taking an online class this summer and I tend to be in my house most of the morning and early afternoon on my computer. I wanna make an effort to go to a coffee shop once a week so that I can get out of my house early.
So that wraps up my July Goals, I hope you all enjoyed reading it. Make sure to check back next month to see what I accomplished from this list.