July came and went and now it’s August. Which means it’s time to buckle down and get ready for the new semester. While I’ll still be enjoying my last 4 weeks of Summer I have a lot to do to prepare for school. I’m honestly so excited to go back up and have great semester. I decided I want to change it up a bit for my monthly goals post, and share my monthly bucket list as well.
- Go to a Paint & Sip
- Go Kayaking
- Travel to Boston & Fire Island
- Have a picnic in Central Park
- Take a cooking class at Sur la Table
- Go to a concert
- Start reviewing for classes I’ll be taking this semester. I will be taking a few familiar classes this semester, so in order to start it off great I need to start intensely reviewing starting August 1st.
- Make an August Content Calendar. I want to be able to produce thoughtful, amazing content for all my social media platforms and in order to do that I need to get everything organized. I want to have a content calendar so I am able to have things planned ahead of time.
- Stay consistent with my Half Marathon Training. I am running a Half in a little over two months. My training hasn’t been the most consistent and I need to start making it a top priority so I am physically and mentally ready for this race.
- Go tech-less for 24 hours. I can’t explain how important it is to unplug. I feel that during certain situations like dinners, important conversations and vacations it’s important to put your phone down. I am guilty I’ve being on my phone in inappropriate settings and I’m not proud of it. I think we all just need to be aware and try to live in the moment.
- Attempt the 24 hour read-a-thon challenge. I’ve only finished one book so far this summer and my goal was 10. I am currently reading two books now so let’s see if this 24 hour read-a-thon will help bring me closer to my goal of 10 books.
- Write in my Devotional Journal Everyday. It’s important for me to spend time with the Lord in the morning. So I want to make sure I am making it a habit to do my devotional before everything else.
Remember to be gritty and go after those goals. Try to have productive days but remember it’s okay if you have a lazy day too.
Hello July ! This is gonna be a good month, a lot of memories are going to be made this month and I can’t wait ! I haven’t written a goals post since last August almost a year ago. I miss these because they keep me accountable for striving towards my goals everyday.
- Keep a consistent workout schedule. Last month I started training for a half marathon and I couldn’t be more proud of myself. This is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time and I am so happy to say that I will be running one in October. That being said some days I can feel lazy and not want to go for my run, but I need to just push myself to do it because it will all pay off in the end.
- Post 3 videos a week on my YouTube Channel. My channel has grown a lot this year and being that it is summer, this is the perfect opportunity to work hard on my videos and start putting out more content.
- Don’t spend my money on silly things. Last month I was doing great at saving my money and not spending it on silly things and I just want to continue that into this month.
- Go to a coffee shop once a week to do my work. I have a virtual internship and I am also taking an online class this summer and I tend to be in my house most of the morning and early afternoon on my computer. I wanna make an effort to go to a coffee shop once a week so that I can get out of my house early.
So that wraps up my July Goals, I hope you all enjoyed reading it. Make sure to check back next month to see what I accomplished from this list.
I have a few places that I want to visit this year and I’m so excited to make these into realities. I think traveling is so important to experience other places and cultures. As well as giving yourself relaxation time from work or school. I’m so happy that I have almost 4 full months off for summer. While I’m applying for internships, I hope to also spend a great amount of my weekends off making memories.
With all that being said here are the 7 places I definitely want to visit this year:
Fire Island // Oh how I love this place ! Fire Island is such an amazing place to go for a beach getaway that’s not to far from NYC. It does include a train & ferry ride but once you’re there it feels like you are thousands of miles from the city. As most of you know I was born & raised in NYC and still live there till this day. I love the city but as much as everyone else I need a break from it sometimes, which is why FI is a great escape. A few friends and I are planning to stay for a week this summer. I’m hoping everyone’s schedule allows for us to stay a week. However even if its a weekend it will still be great to be back on this beautiful and peaceful island.
Coachella // Coachella has always been the first music festival I’ve wanted to attend. Since the line up this year is especially killer because the one and only Queen B is gonna be there I would love to go. This is a far reach being that Coachella is around 3 months away and I don’t have a ticket or money to buy one, but hey a girl can dream.
Washington D.C // My mom and I were discussing a few months ago on how we want to visit the National Museum of African American History and Culture. I have read so much about the museum and the different exhibits that they have. I can’t wait to go and learn more about African American Culture throughout the different parts of the U.S .
LA // One of my amazing friends is moving out to LA this summer to start college and I can’t explain how proud I am of her. She is such a hardworking girl and truly deserves all the blessings she has. I would love to go visit her later on this year around September or October when she is all settled in, so I will definitely try to make this one of my priority trips this year.
North Carolina // I have a lot of family that lives in North Carolina and I haven’t been in years so I would love to make that trip down there to visit everyone. I think this may end up turning into two trips because I also want to go to visit my cousin who goes to college there as well. Most likely for homecoming weekend because her school goes all out.
Nantucket // Another Island I want to visit this year. I absolutely love the beach and I’ve heard so many great things about Nantucket. I would love to visit to see what all the hype is about. Even though I know I’ll love it, I’ve seen tons of photos of Nantucket and everything about it is absolutely gorgeous.
Summer is almost over & I still feel like I have so many things left to do to make my Summer unforgettable. I made a Summer Bucketlist back in June & want to start making a conscience effort to finish it before I leave for school. I also just realized I haven’t shared my goals on my blog in a while & I miss writing these posts so they are back for good.
- Get back into my regular workout routine. The month of July I fell off the working out train and didn’t really make an effort. I also wasn’t feeling all that motivated so I guess it was a well deserved break.However I’m feeling so motivated now and I can’t wait to get back in the gym
- Pre-plan Blogtember Challenge posts. If you guys have been following me for a while now you would know that last year I participated in Bailey Jean’s Annual Blogtember Challenge. It’s a blogging challenge where you have to blog everyday for the month of September. Last year I did pretty well doing 21 out of the 30 days. This year I want to pre-plan a few of the posts so I can actually complete it.
- Upload 2x a week. I want to start building a consistent uploading schedule going into the school year so that I can keep uploading while in College.
- Finish Summer Bucketlist. I made this bucketlist to make this summer more memorable so finishing it would be an accomplishment.
- Attempt the 24 hour Read-a Thon. I’ve really been bad at keeping up with my books this summer so I hope that trying this 24 hour read-a-thon will get me back into the swing of things.
So that’s it for my goals this month, what are some of your goals for this month leave them below !
I’m still shocked that I only have a month of high school left ! This has been a long journey and I can’t wait to see what college has in store for me. A lot is going on this month that I’m so excited to talk about. But you all are going to have to just wait to find out, if you want sneak peeks be sure to be following me on Twitter and Instagram.
- Read 2 Books. Even though I know there is gonna be a lot going on in my life this month. I still want to make sure I get in some reading, to not only improve myself but also have an excuse to curl up and relax in my bed.
- Follow my Prom Workout Routine. As you guys know I regularly workout and try my best to eat as clean as possible.However prom is coming up in a month and I want to look the best I can so this month I am stepping up my workout game so that I am extra toned for June 3rd.
- Try the 24-hour Readathon. One of my favorite bloggers Bailey from Brave Love Blog did a 24-hour Readathon and she read 1,428 pages in 13hrs 17mins. I want to try this and really test my attention span.
- Do Caroline Williams Yoga. I just discovered her Instagram page the other day and saw that she had Yoga videos on YouTube, so I will be trying them out and letting you all how I feel about them.
- Consistently Read my Devotional. I’ve really been slacking with reading my bible and devotional and I want to make sure that I continue to remember to keep God first.
So that’s it for now, May is gonna be a great month and I am so excited to where it’s gonna take me ! Make sure to follow me over on @russiaboles to see what’s going on in my daily life and sneak peeks of my upcoming project.
What are some of your goals for this Month ?
I am very excited for the month of April, I will be traveling almost every weekend for college visits because on May 1st I have to make a decision on where I will be going this fall. Be on the look out for lots of travel photos and maybe even a college road trip video on my YouTube channel.
March Goals Reflection
Start studying for my AP Government Test. ( I just got a book to help me study for my AP Gov Test that is now only a month away)
Go prom dress shopping. ( I bought my prom dress earlier this month at Lord & Taylor, I can’t wait until June 3 so I can wear it’s gorgeous.
- Post 3x a week. ( This was a fail , however I am going to work on this in April by making sure to schedule my post.)
Go to soulcycle. ( Yes it finally happened twice and I talked about my first ride experience here, so make sure to check it out to hear my thoughts.)
Workout 5 times a week this month.(I got back into my workout groove this month and I am insanely proud. )
Read 2 books. ( I am allowing myself to check this off because I did finish one book which is Girl Boss by Sophia Amoruso)
- Get a part-time job. ( This is still on my list because I am really trying to get a job before the summer but it’s so hard, I have put in so many apps yet no one is calling me back.)
- Declutter my computer digital space. ( This didn’t happen and to be honest it was because of pure laziness , I am going to try again in April)
(Completed 5/8 goals I had in March)
- Go to a coffee shop once a week to do my work. ( I need a change in environment, so I am going to try going to a coffee shop to do my homework or write blog posts and see if it helps with my productivity.
- Read 2 books. ( I want to finish It’s Not What You Think by Jefferson Bethke and maybe read another self-help creative, thinking book.)
- Workout 5 times a week. ( I will be away almost every weekend in April, so I am going to try to make sure I get in all my workouts during the weekdays.)
- Declutter my computer. ( I need to delete and organize the folders on my computer as well as start storing my important documents and photos on my external hard drive.)
- Run 3 miles. ( Since it will be spring, the weather should be nice so I am going to tryto incorporate running into my weekly workout)
- Incorporate more fashion on my blog . ( I love fashion so I thought it would be nice to start posting more ootd’s to my blog.
- Remodel my blog. ( I want to re-fresh my blog and add some personal touches to make it unique to me, so I will be working on that this month expect to see a few changes.)
I would love to hear some of your goals for this month, make sure to share it down below !
March is definitely turning out to be a great month so far. Lots of awesome memories, food and inspiration so I thought I would share some of what I’ve been up to .
Reading… #GirlBoss by Sophia Amoruso and It’s Not What You Think by Jefferson Bethke
Watching… Law & Order SVU , I use to never understand why people loved this show so much and I definitely see it now.
Trying… to be patient while I wait for the last batch of my college acceptances.
Cooking… Not much lately , my mom has been doing a lot of the cooking.
Eating… Lots of yummy healthy food, especially salmon !
Drinking… water, I mean that’s what I drink the majority of the time.
Calling… the last call that I received on my phone was from my editor-in-chief.
Texting… in lots of group chats
Tweeting… about how much I love the book #GirlBoss.
Going… on quite a bit of trips in April to visit colleges, so I am looking forward to that .
Loving… The book #GirlBoss
Discovering…my love for YouTube and Blogging again, I was in a bit of a rut for the last 3 months.
Thinking… about all the things I have to complete on my to do list today.
Feeling… excited because, USC acceptances start mailing out on Wednesday !
Celebrating… nothing as of right now.
Smelling… nothing right now but I wish it was a nice candle, might just light one after I finish this post.
Ordering… nothing because I have been on a very strict budget lately. Trying to teach myself how to spend wisely.
Thanking… god for all my college acceptances already and praying that I get into my top 2 schools.
Considering… going outside today,it looks nice out but it says it’s 37 degrees so I will stay under my sheets.
Starting… to try to workout 5-6 times a week instead of my regular 2-3 .
Finishing… up my brand new cover -letter and I can’t wait to start applying for more jobs and internships.
Happy Tuesday Everyone ! I hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying the nice weather. I know I seriously say this at the beginning of every single one of my monthly goals post, but seriously where did February go. Today I wanted to reflect on my past month as well as talk about my goals for March.
February’s Goals Reflection
- Start buckling down on studying for my AP Government Test in May Oops this did not happen at all , I really need to make sure I pick up a review book this month because I need to score high on this test.
- Run 5 miles. This was also a fail, yet it wasn’t my fault the weather in February was crazy it would be sunny in the morning and then be windy and rainy at like 3pm. Along with that in the beginning of the month the weather hit single digits.
Read 2 Books I am allowing myself because I finally finished Papertowns by John Green and I am insanely proud of myself,.
Start going to Hot yoga 2x a week I didn’t go 2x a week but I did go 2x this month to an actual studio so I am giving myself props. Usually I am lazy and just do yoga in my house.
- Get a part-time job. I didn’t get a job yet but I did go on an interview last week and should be getting a call next week if I get the job.
- Read my Devotional every morning. I didn’t read my devotional all that much this month and I am going to make it an effort to subscribe to an email devotional so I can read them on the subway on my way to school in the morning.
Try to post everyday this month I didn’t post everyday but I did post 2x a week so I am making baby steps.
Complete at least 5 things on my 101 in 1001 list . I completed 4 out of 5 things and I am so proud, make sure to check out my list to see what I have completed so far.
- Start studying for my AP Government Test. ( I actually have to start because the test is in 2 months and I want to do well on it)
- Go prom dress shopping. ( My prom is in 2 months and I have an idea on what I want to get, but I need to actually go try on dresses and pick a specific color and style)
- Post 3x a week. ( I was able to post twice a week last month so I know I can push myself to post 3x a week.)
- Go to soulcycle. ( I already have a day planned this month to go to Soulcycle with my amazing friend Zenia, I can’t wait.)
- Workout 5 times a week this month.( I really slacked with my workouts last month and want to make sure I work hard this month to get back on track.)
- Read 2 books. ( I already have two picked out It’s not what you think by Jefferson Bethke and Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert )
- Get a part-time job. ( This is still on my list because I am really trying to get a job before the summer and most jobs start hiring around this time.)
- Declutter my computer digital space. ( I did a blog post about decluttering your digital space and I want to finish decluttering my computer to keep everything organized.
I can’t wait to get started on these goals and really push to have all of these checked off by the end of this month !
If you guys didn’t know I absolutely love Bailey from Brave Love Blog and I think her Currently in posts are so fun and such a great way to check up on your goals and what you have been doing throughout the month. I have done two of these types of post before one in September and October, but not since then. I really want to start making these a monthly thing so let’s see if I can make that happen.
Reading… I have been trying to finish Paper Towns for like 5 months now and I am praying this is the month it actually happens
Playing… I have recently been learning some chords on the guitar in music class, so you never know maybe I will be able to play a song soon.
Watching… Bates Motel on Netflix, they just released season 3 and I am already obsessed
Trying… to find a part-time job, I never realized how hard it is until I started applying
Cooking… lots of vegan meals, I am trying to transition to 100% vegan by the end of the year.
Eating… besides eating lots of vegan meals and desserts, I also have found myself sometimes not eating that good and I am going to try to reset myself starting tomorrow
Drinking… water, I mean that’s what I drink the majority of the time.
Calling… a lot of friends I don’t get to see very often because of distance and conflicting schedules.
Texting… the editor-in-chief of the magazine I work for about emails to send out
Pinning… lots of things on backpacking in Europe, one of best friends Sinead and I decided we will be going backpacking the summer of 2018 and even though it’s far from now. I can’t tell you how excited I am !
Tweeting… about ideas for videos I have no idea what to film.
Going… no where as of the moment, the temperatures in NYC have been crazy this weekend, like I am not going out in 5 degree weather.
Loving… BioOil , if you want to fade dark marks,acne scars or stretch marks go get your hands on this product. It is a bit pricey but definitely worth the money.
Discovering… my love for skincare and skincare products.
Thinking… about what videos I want to film for this week.
Feeling… excited and a little nervous about whats ahead, excluding this month I only have 3 more months of high school. It feels like September as yesterday
Hoping … that some of my reach school college letters come this week.
Listening (to)… Mostly EDM (My spottify is Russia Boles) and Spotify’s Praise & Worship Playlist.
Celebrating… nothing as of right now, probably next month.
Smelling… nothing right now but I wish it was chocolate chip cookies.
Ordering… stuff off of sephora.com because I have two gift cards and really want some face masks and my gov ball tickets !!
Thanking… god for 5 college acceptances already and many more to come.
Considering… trying this 24 hours with technology (phone,computer,ipad) I am a little scared because I am on my phone and laptop everyday, I am just hoping I don’t get withdrawal.
Starting… to try to incorporate more fitness and health related videos on my YouTube channel.
Finishing… posting all the clothes I want to sell on poshmark, you all should checkout my closet.
Wow I can’t believe we are already into the 2nd month of 2016, the time is flying and my days as a high school student are decreasing and I can’t believe I graduate in 4 months.I have a lot of things I want to accomplish this year, so I thought it was only right to go a monthly goals post.
- Start buckling down on studying for my AP Government Test in May (I really want to make sure I score either a 4 or 5 so that it counts for college credits)
- Run 5 miles ( I just got into running,literally yesterday but I really like it and think I can run 5 miles nonstop by the end of this month)
- Read 2 Books ( I still need to finish Paper towns & Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert)
- Start going to Hot yoga 2x a week ( I love hot yoga so much and really want to start getting more into it)
- Get a part-time job ( My mom has been on my case about this so, this month I am going to work hard to try to get one)
- Read my Devotional every morning (I need to start getting better at this especially on weekdays, to just take 10 minutes every morning to spend with the lord)
- Try to post everyday this month ( This one is gonna be a challenge but I think I can do it)
- Complete at least 5 things on my 101 in 1001 list ( This is a list of things I want to achieve in 1001 days but it’s never to early to start reaching your goals)
That’s it for my goals this month, remember the first day of the month is Monday, so let’s make Monday happen and work towards a great month.