Happy Tuesday Everyone ! I hope everyone is having a great day and enjoying the nice weather. I know I seriously say this at the beginning of every single one of my monthly goals post, but seriously where did February go. Today I wanted to reflect on my past month as well as talk about my goals for March.
February’s Goals Reflection
- Start buckling down on studying for my AP Government Test in May Oops this did not happen at all , I really need to make sure I pick up a review book this month because I need to score high on this test.
- Run 5 miles. This was also a fail, yet it wasn’t my fault the weather in February was crazy it would be sunny in the morning and then be windy and rainy at like 3pm. Along with that in the beginning of the month the weather hit single digits.
Read 2 Books I am allowing myself because I finally finished Papertowns by John Green and I am insanely proud of myself,.
Start going to Hot yoga 2x a week I didn’t go 2x a week but I did go 2x this month to an actual studio so I am giving myself props. Usually I am lazy and just do yoga in my house.
- Get a part-time job. I didn’t get a job yet but I did go on an interview last week and should be getting a call next week if I get the job.
- Read my Devotional every morning. I didn’t read my devotional all that much this month and I am going to make it an effort to subscribe to an email devotional so I can read them on the subway on my way to school in the morning.
Try to post everyday this month I didn’t post everyday but I did post 2x a week so I am making baby steps.
Complete at least 5 things on my 101 in 1001 list . I completed 4 out of 5 things and I am so proud, make sure to check out my list to see what I have completed so far.
- Start studying for my AP Government Test. ( I actually have to start because the test is in 2 months and I want to do well on it)
- Go prom dress shopping. ( My prom is in 2 months and I have an idea on what I want to get, but I need to actually go try on dresses and pick a specific color and style)
- Post 3x a week. ( I was able to post twice a week last month so I know I can push myself to post 3x a week.)
- Go to soulcycle. ( I already have a day planned this month to go to Soulcycle with my amazing friend Zenia, I can’t wait.)
- Workout 5 times a week this month.( I really slacked with my workouts last month and want to make sure I work hard this month to get back on track.)
- Read 2 books. ( I already have two picked out It’s not what you think by Jefferson Bethke and Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert )
- Get a part-time job. ( This is still on my list because I am really trying to get a job before the summer and most jobs start hiring around this time.)
- Declutter my computer digital space. ( I did a blog post about decluttering your digital space and I want to finish decluttering my computer to keep everything organized.
I can’t wait to get started on these goals and really push to have all of these checked off by the end of this month !
Wow what a morning, I can’t believe today was the last NYC BBG Meetup for 2015. The pasts five months that the NYC BBG Meetups have been happening has flown by and each one has gotten better and better. This meetup was the biggest yet with over 100 girls coming from all over the country to get some #deathbybrooke, but it turned out to actually be #deathbykayla. YES KAYLA ITINES HERSELF !! Most girls woke up at 5:00am to be on time some even 4:00am , so yes you can see our dedication to this amazing community and program. Like who do you know that wakes up that early on a Sunday to workout ?
This was everyone’s reaction when Kayla surprised everyone at the meetup !
Most of us had a feeling Kayla was coming but the host wanted to keep it a surprise, but ohh boy was it a surprise click here to watch everyone’s reaction when Kayla walked in. Everything about this meetup was amazing from meeting Instagram friends I have wanted to met for months. To catching up with old friends I haven’t seen in a while, this amazing community brings together some of the sweetest and inspiring people you will ever meet,who are all working towards similar goals. I work hard at ever meetup and during all my workouts but having Kayla there made me push myself even more. I barely stopped when I felt like I was dying because I wanted to show myself its all mental you can do it, don’t let your mind tell you, you can’t do any more. I want to give a huge thank you to Kayla, all the sponsors, the beautiful and amazing organizers I am lucky enough to call my friends and, my BBG squad for being the fitness partners I have always wanted! Waking up at 5:00am P.S earlier than I wake up for school is always worth it when I get to hangout with the BBG girls.
After some serious #deathbykayla most of us headed over to brunch and Kayla joined us as well. It was so great to actually get to sit down with her and talk, she is such a funny,sweet and genuine person and if you ever get the chance to meet her you will totally agree with me on that statement. The food was delicious because I mean when is it not, I had such an amazing time today and I can’t wait for the next one, January 17th where you at ?
Check out my last BBG Meetup Post here !
Last Sunday was the November NYC BBG Meetup, and as most of my followers know I have been going to these since the very first one in August and I love them. I got to meet a lot of new people and of course see my lovely #bbgsisters. I am so glad that this community gave me the ability to meet some of the amazing friends I have. The next meetup is on December 13th and you can find more info here.
Tips on how to not gain those extra pounds during the holidays
We are all guilty of being tempted by the delicious holiday food, both Thanksgiving and Christmas back to back. All of us want to eat as much pie as we want, while still having that bikini body we worked so hard for. Trying to avoid that famous holiday bulge can be hard, but just changing up a few habits in your lifestyle can definitely make a difference.
Try out a new workout routine , when it comes to a workout routine you want to choose something that you can stick with, is challenging and you find fun. There are lots of workout challenges and programs out there but here are a few of my favorites. The Bikini Body Guide by Kayla Itines also known as BBG. BBG is a 12 week workout program, that consists of 3 workouts a week that includes legs,abs and arms. It is a great program if you want something that is long term and you have a pretty routine schedule. However if you are in a crunch for time, and can’t spend 30 minutes on a workout you should definitely check out Blogilates on YouTube. She has tons of videos like 5 minute toned arms and 3 minutes sleek and slim legs, which is great for that quick morning workout.
Working out is great, but if you already do that and still feel you get that holiday bulge try the raw or vegan version of your favorite holiday treats. FullyRawKristina on YouTube, has some of the most delicious and delectable raw and vegan treat recipes. One of my favorites is the pumpkin pie brownies,they are so rich and full of flavor yet way healthier than pumpkin pie. She also has a great healthy apple pie recipe that is just as good as the pumpkin pie brownies.
But lastly if all else fails moderation is key, just limit yourself to 2 treats a week and you will definitely see a big difference.